Administration Building Room 316
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
About this Department
As part of the Office of Financial Affairs, it is the mission of the Budget Office to deliver accurate financial planning information to upper-level administration,
to support professional assistance to the University community, and provide reliable reporting
documents to the Board of Trustees, the Arkansas Department of Higher
Education, and to other regulatory agencies as requested.
The primary functions of the University Budget Office are:
- To assist the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration in developing, implementing, and monitoring the University's
annual operating budget.
- To support the University strategic planning
and budget process through participation in deliberations of
committees and hearing panels, presentation of essential institutional
data and preparation of various analyses and reports.
- Administer the position management process to ensure that
ongoing funding is available and budgetarily linked to positions.
- To serve as the primary office for complying
with the University's central external reporting requirements to the Arkansas Department of Higher Education.
In most cases, the reports are prepared by the Office. In other
cases, consistent, official data are provided to other offices
for reporting purposes.
- Continue to develop and produce institutional
databases to provide the source of official data for both internal
and external reporting.
Some of our services include:
- Budget Development, Implementation, &
- Preparation of Annual Operating Budget
- Position Management
- Institutional Reporting
- Analytical Studies
- Assist campus college/unit budget managers
- Formulation of Biennial Request for Legislative Appropriations
- State Reporting to Arkansas Department of Higher Education
Fayetteville Policies and Procedures
Fayetteville Policies and Procedures 403.0 - Budget Adjustments for Vacant Classified Positions
Each college (or non-academic unit) has a budget manager in residence in the Office of the
Dean (or Director in non-academic units) who should serve as the principal
contact for anyone at the department level who has questions related to
the budget. Budget officers may then contact the Budget Office on any
questions that they have been unable to resolve.
Questions from the media and public with regard to budget policies
and issues should be directed to the Office of University Relations at