The Research Accounting team is now part of the Office of Sponsored Programs with the Vice Chancellor of Research and Innovation. Our phone numbers and mailing address have not changed, and this website will continue to be available for policies and forms.
About this Department
As part of the Office of Sponsored Programs, Research Accounting’s mission is to maintain and constantly enhance an effective management system to monitor financial compliance required by federal, state, and local governments, businesses, and foundations for all sponsored programs awarded to University of Arkansas.
The primary responsibilities of Research Accounting are:
- Set up new grant cost centers and cost share.
- Invoice sponsors of grant awards.
- Prepare financial reports required by the sponsors.
- Maintain effort certification system.
- Provide guidance on cost principles of sponsored programs.
- Establish and monitor service center recharge rates.
- Negotiate Facilities and Administrative (F&A) rates with Dept. of Health and Human Services.
- Calculate and distribute F&A costs monthly to sponsored programs
Information and Resources
Fayetteville Policies and Procedures