The University of Arkansas is committed to paperless payroll for safety, efficiency
and to support sustainability. Direct deposit is the university's standard method for paying employees. Your pay will be deposited
in up to ten separate accounts of your choice.
Additional Direct Deposit option via PAY CARD!
- More Secure
- Pay is deposited into your account by 8 a.m. CT on pay day
- Additional cards for spouse/dependents
- Use it to order online
- Have your spouse's pay deposited to the pay card account
- Have dependent funds (SSI, etc.) deposited
- Use it for electronic draft of utilities, car payments, etc.
- Four ATMs on campus where funds can be withdrawn without a fee
- The account can go with you should you leave U of A
- All funds can be withdrawn to the penny on payday
Frequently Asked Questions
Fee Schedule and Transaction Limits
Participating Locations Nearby
For more information, read more about the Paycard Program Benefits.
Updated 2022 Arkansas Income Tax Rates Take Effect October 1
Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson recently signed legislation that cuts the top individual income tax rates. The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration (DFA) has published updated 2022 withholding tax tables, effective October 1, 2022. The top individual tax rate is now at 4.9%.
In addition to the updated tax tables, an inflationary relieve income tax credit is in effect from October 1 until December 31 for Arkansans that are full-year state residents and earn less than $87,000 per year.
Most Arkansans will see a change in the amount of Arkansas tax withheld beginning in October. Employees can view state taxes withheld in the Employee Taxes section of their payslip, accessible from the Pay application in Workday. Employees can adjust their state tax withholdings, such as designating an additional amount to be withheld, in Workday by accessing the Complete State and Local Withholding Elections task.
Summary of Tax Cuts
Withholding Tax Regular Income Tax Table
Withholding Tax Low Income Tax Table
You will be paid semimonthly. Semimonthly pay means employees will be paid twice a
month, usually on the 15th and last business days of each month. Business days are defined as days other than
weekends and university holidays. If the 15th falls on a Saturday, pay day will be on Friday; if it falls on Sunday, pay day will
Approximately two days before pay day, you will be able to view your payslip in your
Workday portal. The payslip indicates your gross pay, deductions, and the net pay
that will be deposited into your account(s). For benefits-eligible employees, information
on university-paid benefits and coverage, as well as detailed information on leave
usage, is included.
- Login to Workday
- To login to Workday, navigate to myapps.microsoft.com, login with your Office 365 credentials,
then click the blue Workday icon. You may be required to authenticate using multi-factor
- Click the Pay application in the Applications section of the Home page.
- In the "View" column, click Payslips.
- You should see your payslips displayed. Click the View button to display more details.
- To save the payslip as a PDF once you have clicked View, click the Print icon in the
top right corner to download a PDF version of your payslip.
- From the My Payslips page, you can also click the Print button next to a payslip name
to print it, if needed.
Direct deposit information and changes to your federal and state income tax withholding
(W-4) can be self-managed through the Workday App. (The IRS has released the updated IRS withholding calculator in order to assist
taxpayers to determine the appropriate withholding allowances for the new tax year.
Human Resources strongly advises employees to review their withholding to make sure
the withholdings are accurate by using the IRS withholding calculator.)
Log into your Workday Profile to do the following:
- View your Payslips
- View and change your Payment Elections (Note: To add/edit a direct deposit account
or change payment elections, you must be on your institution's network or on an allowable
VPN. Contact UITS for more information.)
- View and change your Tax Elections
- View your Benefits and change Retirement Savings Elections
- View your Time Off
- View or update your Contact information and Emergency Contacts
Additional Employee Self-Service training including Quick Reference Guides (QRGs)
and videos are available through the Workday Training site.